Atelier, shop and theatre for theatrical masks.
Impression Presentation Indonesia
Studio Lazzi’s masks are all designed and handcrafted by owner and
The name of studio Lazzi is taken from the Commedia dell’Arte, a
burlesque theatrical style that became extremely popular in Italy in the
sixteenth century. Performances took place in the streets or on squares
during fairs and festivals. The use of masks was one of its most distinguishing
To keep the audience’s attention from wandering, the performances
were interspersed with comic scenes: the lazzi. These lazzi often had
no connection with the contents of the play at all. It has been said that
as they became increasingly popular, the lazzi drew larger audiences than
the plays themselves. Frans Krom hopes that the same will apply for his
- Design and production of theatrical masks.
- Advice and coaching for performing with masks.
- Masks for sale (will accept orders for custom-made).
- Tentoonstellingen, exposities en lezingen
on mask making and performing with masks.
- Teaching materials for schools.
- Information and documentation on the Commedia dell’Arte theatrical